Over 70 staff from Monash and GippsTAFE attended the eLearning Forum held on Thursday, 21 February 2013 at the Switchback Gallery, Monash University, Gippsland Campus. Our two very important themes for the day were centred around assessment and student engagement within the online environment. The Forum was aimed at sharing ideas about online delivery, highlighting innovation in the development of online assessments, showcasing good teaching practice, and providing networking opportunities for staff from both organisations.
We have collected most of the presentations given on the day and provide them here for you to view.
Morning session: Theme – Designing relevant online assessment
- Michael Dyson, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education, Monash University:
Assessment case studies and examples
- Lynn Huguenin, Bron Beach, Davin Nicholas, Lecturers, GippsTAFE:
Online assessment methodologies and examples Part 1
Online assessment methodologies and examples Part 2
- Barbie Panther, Lecturer, School of Applied Sciences and Engineering, Monash University:
Showcase – Interactive online assessment tasks
Afternoon session: Theme – Engaging students online
- Brad Beach, Director, Business and Community Programs, GippsTAFE:
Communicating effectively online
- Karen Crinall, Cathy Trembath, Debra Manning, Lecturers, School of Applied Media and Social Sciences, Monash University:
Showcase – Online rejuvenation – Master of Human Services Management